請各位幫幫馬

屁仙普拉斯(petesam)

2002/07/25 20:08:37

發文

#64456 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
請各位大德賢明之士幫忙翻譯以下文章<br><br>I'm a mechanical engineer who grew up long enough ago that I was raised with Imperial units ("wotsa Futt Mista?" ), went through my training with SI (Metric) units, then worked 10 years for a Yank company who supplied us with equipment from the US, UK, Italy and Japan. <br><br>I have endured much sucking of teeth and scratching of foreheads over exactly these sorts of questions. The basic concept of power is that it is "the rate of performing work". The confusion arises out of how and where the power is measured, and who is specifying the procedures used. <br><br>A traditional "horsepower" is specified as a work-rate of (I think) 33000 foot-pounds per minute, and is actually a good deal more than the average nag can deliver for any length of time. <br><br>Similarly a Watt is specified as 1 Newton-Metre per Second. (Approximately one gerbil-power) The forces and distances can be measured linearly or rotationally, with identical power results, (i.e. Force multiplied by linear distance divided by time gives exactly the same results as Torque multiplied by angular movement divided by time). In automotive practice we are usually interested in rotational power, i.e. the combination of torque and rpm.<br><br>When you crunch the conversion numbers a traditional horsepower works out to be 746 Watts (0.746kW) Those people working in metric countries, i.e. Europe and Japan, do all their work in metric, but are trying to flog their gear to us, the UK, and more importantly the Yanks, who refuse to understand metric. They have to quote a horsepower figure because your potential customer no-comprendez this kilowatt thing. To "simplify" the conversion a metric horsepower was defined by (I think) the French as 0.75kW. I think the Japs use the same and call it a ps, but don't know about the Germans.<br><br>SAE is an American industry body (The Society of Automotive Engineers) that sets standards for all kinds of technical issues in the US auto industry, although their specs. are regularly "borrowed" by other industries. <br><br>DIN is a German technical body (The Deutsche Institut fur Normung; - equivalent to the Australian Standards) that sets standards for all kinds of industries over there. JIS is the Japanese eqivalent of DIN, AS, BSI etc. etc. and does the same job over there, and I believe sets the spec for ps.<br><br>The term "bhp" stands for "brake horse power" and derives from the days of steam and even current marine practise, when engines were running very slowly. (e.g. the main engine on the ship I currently work on has a max speed of 111rpm; mind you it has a 60cm bore and 2.3m stroke and delivers around 12000bhp) This was slow enough to measure the gas pressures inside the cylinder and plot them against the piston position over one revolution.<br><br>You could then measure the work done by the cylinder gases on the piston;- the "indicated horsepower" (ihp). By comparing this with the actual output of the engine you could see how much you were losing in making all those bits and pieces thrash up and down (i.e. work out the mechanical efficiency of the engine) <br><br>Brake horse power means you load the engine you are testing up with a brake (dynomometer), which you also use to measure the torque delivered, and by simultaneously measuring the rpm of the engine you can calculate the power delivery. Read this carefully;- brake horsepower specifies how you measured the power, not where you measured it. A manufacturer will commonly test an engine with the dynomometer attatched to the flywheel, with the whole thing mounted on a test stand, i.e. with no power steering, no air conditioning, no alternator, and often no water pump. They do this for the simple reason that it gives them the biggest figure to print in the spec. sheet. You will never find any direct admission of this in any of their literature, they will just specify a particular testing protocol as laid out by one of the standards societies, i.e a DIN, SAE, JIS spec. They are not actually lying, just trying to get you to buy their machine instead of somebody elses.<br><br>For us mug drivers the only really useful measurement of power is what you get at the back wheels, hence the usefulness of rolling dynomometers such as Bob Whyms'. The numbers measured here are always lower than the factory figures because they show what is left after taking account of the losses for all the accesories and also the drive train.<br><br>When tring to compare figures from different sources I would suggest that you convert everything to kW and compare those numbers. It is usually safe to assume that any figures you get will be engine output as described above because all the manufacturers are playing the same game.<br><br>Sorry if the above sounds like a mechanics lecture, but many skilled individuals have spent a great deal of effort over many years making a simple concept as complicated as possible.<br>

則留言

OAO(well66)

2002/07/28 19:35:48

發文

#64651 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
petesam (屁仙普拉斯)大大
回應這篇是為了感謝你平常無私的在網上交換車訊!另外本人英文程度有限,一定會有錯誤,翻到那裡算那裡,請大大用自己的專業知識加以融會,其他網友也請不吝指教!其大意如下:
我是一位機械工程師,在英制單位的國家長大,曾受過公制單位的訓練。在Yank公司工作十年!
我忍受了許多齒輪問題及車頭(forehead??)雜音等等的爛事。馬力的基本觀力是執行時工作的比例!會產生疑惑是地方是馬力如何測量,測量的地方,而且誰來訂定測量的方式!
傳統馬力的定義是330000足磅(?)/每分鐘的工作比例,實際上比平均的(nag??)所能傳輸的大得多了。
1瓦的定義是一牛頓-公尺/每秒。施力的方向和距離可以是直線或旋轉式的,結果一樣。(也就是說:力量乘上直線距離除上時間的結果和力距乘上移動角度除以時間的結果一樣)。談到汽車我們通常感到興趣的是旋轉力,就是說結合力距和每分鐘轉數。
在經過單位的換算後,傳統馬力是746瓦。公制的國家如歐洲和日本,產品都是用公制的。並向我們英國推銷使用公制,尤其是美國,但美國拒絕使用。他們必須引用馬力數據,因為美國人根本不鳥公制。為了簡化公制和馬力之間的換算就引用法國人定的0.75kW,我猜日本人也是用這個,並稱之為一個ps,德國人我就不知道了。
SAE(美國汽車工程師協會)是美國的工業團體,它制定美國汽車界一些技術性的報告,但也常被其他行業借用。
DIN是德國的技術團體。也是替德國各行各業制定各種標準。JIS就是日本的DIN。
bhp是指煞車馬力,起源於蒸汽時代,現在用於海軍,意思是當引擎跑得很慢

屁仙普拉斯(petesam)

2002/07/28 23:10:18

發文

#64658 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
謝謝Well66 (OAO) 肯花費現代人寶貴的時間,翻譯這篇大部頭的文章,
有時間還望Well66 (OAO)或其他賢明大德能繼續把後半段完成,無限感恩啊...

OAO(well66)

2002/07/29 12:58:29

發文

#64686 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
普大,謝謝你的回應,
待明後日我有時間,再來繼續完成後半,不過若你能說明這是有關什麼的
文章,甚至把文章裡,你知道的專有名詞先寫出來,我翻起來就成更順暢了!

OAO(well66)

2002/07/29 12:58:33

發文

#64687 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
普大,謝謝你的回應,

OAO(well66)

發文

#64688 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
普大,謝謝你的回應,

OAO(well66)

發文

#64689 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
普大,謝謝你的回應,

OAO(well66)

發文

#64690 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
普大,謝謝你的回應,

屁仙普拉斯(petesam)

2002/07/29 18:40:58

發文

#64722 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
這是一位澳洲機械工程師談論有關馬力(horse power) 文章

OAO(well66)

2002/07/30 13:44:24

發文

#64801 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
普大:這是下半段,謝謝不吝指教。
bhp是指煞車馬力,起源於蒸汽時代,現在用於海軍,意思是當引擎跑得很慢。
我工作的船上,主引擎的的最大速度是111rpm。它有60公分的孔和3.2公尺的軸!輸出約12000bhp。這種速度慢得足以測量汽缸裡的氣壓並計算一次運轉時壓力施力於活塞的位置。

然後就可以測量氣缸裡氣體對活塞所做的工(即指示馬力;ihp)。再和引擎實際輸出的馬力比較,就可以算出流失了多少馬力(亦即算出引擎的工作效率)。

煞車馬力是指將要測試的引擎裝在煞車上(這裡不合邏輯,請自行融會),這樣也可以測出輸出的扭距,同時量出可以計算出引擎馬力的rpm。以下請注意:煞車馬力是指你測量馬力的方式,而不是指測量馬力的地方。製造商測試引擎,通常會把達因計量表裝在飛輪上,所有的東西都固定在測試的定位上,也就是說,不控制馬力,沒有冷氣,沒有交流發電機,也沒有水泵。這樣做有一個簡單的理由:可以取得測量表上最好的數據。在他們任何的文獻裡你絕對找不到他們承認這些結果的資料。他們只會將這些結果記載在由DIN, SAE, JIS之類所設計的測試協定。他們不是在說謊,只想要你去買他們的產品。

對我們廣大的駕駛人而言,測量馬力真正唯一有用的就是從後輪得到的數據,因此達因計量表如Bob Whyms生產的才有用。得到的數據總是比工廠裡測到的慢,因為工廠的數據把所有附件和傳動裝置所流失的都算進去了。

若要比較不同來源的數據,我建議你先換算為kw。通常較安全的作法是預設所得到的數據是引擎輸出的馬力,誠如以上所述,因為所有的製造商都在玩同樣的把戲。

很抱歉,寫起來長篇大論的,因為總是有許多老練的人花了許多心血和時間,就是要把簡單的觀念搞得愈複雜愈好,呵呵(拍謝,呵呵是自己加的)!

屁仙普拉斯(petesam)

2002/07/31 11:42:26

發文

#64849 IP 0.0.*.* 無任何修改 檢舉這篇文章
謝謝Well66 (OAO)為此文付出的辛勞,
呵呵,加的很好
熱門新聞
保發中心汽車重置價格中,出現Mazda CX-90、以及VW即將上市的ID.4 GTX,CX-90為208萬,至於ID.4 GTX車型則為220萬。
Volvo S60取消B5車型,而剩餘雙車型調漲1.6萬,配備則是提升手機無線充電功率、並新增 ESA 緊急停止輔助功能。